As the ecommerce industry continues to evolve, so too do approaches to customer service. For example, self-service support – where customers use FAQs, user forums, site content, or other means to solve a problem or answer a question without the assistance of customer service staff – is more popular than ever. While this approach to customer service certainly has benefits, it may be detrimental to make self-service content the sole focus of your customer service efforts.
Self-service content works best when it's supported by a customer contact center. The two work together – call centers provide personalized service and fill in the gaps commonly found in self-service resources. Meanwhile, self-service content lightens the load on your call center. Call centers can also provide some extra advantages over self-service content, such as:
- Resolving order fulfillment, payment processing, and other problems not related to specific products
- Assisting with social media engagement
- Retaining customers who have a disappointing experience
- Generating revenue through upsells, cross-sells, etc.
- Providing customer feedback to management – resulting in new product and service ideas
Because of these advantages, choosing the right customer contact center is a major step in leveling up your overall customer service. To learn more about the call center services provided through Fulfillment Works, contact us today.